Head and Neck Pain Treatment
Neck pain and headaches are very common affecting 35-70% of the population every year.
In many cases they are treatable. Hills Physiotherapy is committed to giving the very best care and attention to patients with head and neck pain. Why put up with it any longer?
When Should I Visit My Physiotherapist?
If you have been experiencing any of the following signs or symptoms, we highly recommend that you get in touch with us:
- Regular tension headaches
- Severe pain in or around the neck
- Inability to complete everyday tasks and activities
- Recurring sharp/shooting pains in the neck.
There are many identifiable symptoms of head and neck pain.
- Dull/Aching – Sometimes head and neck pain can be a constant dull ache that could drive anyone mad, but still needs to be considered worthy of physiotherapy when paired with other symptoms.
- Sharp/Shooting – When the pain becomes unbearable, it is absolutely crucial that you seek treatment. This kind of pain can affect your whole life, and must be looked at by a professional.
- Numbness and tingling
- Everyday activities – Performing the most mundane everyday tasks should not be leaving you with pain and discomfort, there will always be a treatable reason for this.
- Maintaining postural positions – This is very common among office workers who do not get a chance to get up and move around much during the day. While research shows no specific posture predisposes you to injury, lack of movement is known to cause nociception (danger messages) which can lead to pain. Some advice about regular movements will help.
- Rest – When you are experiencing head and neck pain even while resting, the time has definitely come to visit your physiotherapist.
Common Conditions Associated With Head and Neck Pain
The can be multiple reasons for head and neck pain. They are a very complex structure comprising of an intricate network of discs, ligaments and vertebrae. Some of the more common causes can be disc issues, stiffness, facet join dysfunction, post-surgical rehabilitation, neck related headaches, postural problems… the list goes on.
Here at Hills Physiotherapy we treat all of these conditions and help you to identify exactly what is causing your pain. If you have any questions please contact us for more information, or book an appointment to start your road to recovery.