Due to severe restrictions on non-essential services, Hills Physiotherapy has been reduced to Physiotherapy only for the time being. Massage, Myotherapy, Exercise Physiology, Osteopathy and Naturopathy have all ceased face-to-face appointments due to risk of spreading the virus. All of your favourite practitioners are available via Telehealth, if you need advice, assessment, education or support, however some services like Remedial Massage are severely restricted in scope if they can’t see you in person.
Exercise classes have ceased in the studios due to the government restricting these gatherings to no more than two people, however we’re now running Clinical Exercise, GLA:D Exercise sessions online. Timetables and additional information can be found here: https://mailchi.mp/hillsphysiotherapy.com.au/onlineexercise
Additional steps that we have taken to ensure the safety of our physiotherapy patients:
- increased our already stringent cleaning and disinfecting schedule
- increased time between appointments for sanitising processes
- closure of non essential services
- taped off areas to protect staff and patients
- “in car” waiting room to reduce time exposure in clinic
- making services available online where possible
- utilising “work at home” practices where this is practical
- removal of transmittable shared material in waiting rooms (magazines, toys, soft furnishings)
- Staff wearing masks as per new evidence coming from USA regarding reduced spread of the virus
Due to these changes you should still feel safe to come and see your physiotherapist for treatment if you need it. While general “maintenance” type appointments may not be necessary at this stage – if you’ve had surgery recently, have severe or persistent pain and need advice and pain relief, or if you’re unable to work in your own essential work role due to injury, all of these are important reasons to go to your physiotherapist.
If you’re uncertain whether you should come in or not, or would like to set up a Telehealth appointment to discuss your problem, get in touch with us on 13009HILLS or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ben Kewish (Director / Principal)